This half day course gives you a tantalising taste of the Ballymaloe Cookery School and provides inspiration for anyone eager to cook a variety of seasonal dishes with greater confidence.
Feedback from Previous Students on this course
“This was a wonderful experience for the four of us. We haven't stopped smiling as we loved everything about the afternoon. We have bought a smoker so will be making hot oak smoked salmon this weekend. Can't wait! Thank you so much, we will be coming back.”
“Absolutely fabulous experience. Everyone was so friendly and welcoming and the staff showed great knowledge of food, nutrition skills and dishes. The Cookery School has a warm homely feel and is a thoroughly enjoyable experience regardless of cooking ability.”
What you’ll learn
• Great recipes to expand your repertoire, including bread, starters, salads, dressings, mains and puddings
• A variety of essential techniques you’ll use again and again
• Tips for forward planning and saving time
• A tour of the organic farm, gardens, dairy and greenhouses, which provide much of the seasonal produce you’ll be cooking with
• A short demonstration of the essential techniques to get you started, with your teacher sharing a wealth of knowledge through their expert tips
• A practical, fun and hands-on session in the kitchen. Ingredients are ready for you to prep and there’s plenty of support and guidance while you master the recipes, learn to make the most of your ingredients and gain a deeper learning experience
• A relaxed informal dinner where you’ll enjoy the fruits of your labour
Good to know
• All Social Distancing rules will be obvserved with fewer students in the kitchen and teaching staff and students all wearing face coverings.
• Afternoon coffee, tea and homemade biscuits served on arrival
• A pack of the recipes will be provided for your ongoing reference
• Our Shop will be open for further inspiration: cookery books, equipment and select ingredients
• We run this course several times a year, varying the recipes in synch with the seasons
Please note gallery is a selection of images but may not represent actual dishes featured on the course.