Fresh, ripe tomatoes
1. Bring a kettle of water to the boil.
2. With a paring knife, make a little cross across the top and the bottom of each tomato
3. Put the tomatoes in a bowl and pour boiling water over them until they are completely submerged
4. Count to 10
5. Take the tomatoes out of the water. Do not leave them any longer than 10 seconds or you will begin to lose the delicious flesh just underneath the skin
6. Using a paring knife, peel back the skin.
Rory's Tip: If the tomatoes are absolutely ripe, the skin will peel back without any problem. You must also ensure you pour boiling water (not boiled) over the tomatoes.