A small selection of perfectly made canapes can excite the taste buds before the meal, can replace a starter or can even be a meal in themselves. Say goodbye to lumps of cheddar cheese on cocktails sticks and tinned mushroom vol-au-vents and say hello to Smoked Salmon Spirals; Tiny Shepherd's Pie with Garlic Butter; Sweet Pea Guacamole on Warm Tortillas; Tiny Smoked Salmon Sandwiches; Lamb, Pork or Chicken Satay; Quail Eggs with Shrimps and Mayonnaise.......
In this intensive half-day demonstration you’ll learn how to prepare canapes that your guests will definitely be writing home about. You’ll also discover about the latest trend in for ‘mini-food’ and ‘small bites’ which includes everything from offering little cups of soup to oyster shooters. You will also get to enjoy a rather canapes orientated light lunch in the cookery school dining room. ..
What you’ll learn about
- How to make a wonderful selection of canapes.
- The importance of sourcing the best ingredients for the best results
- Tips for forward planning and saving time
- How to dazzle with a beautifully created canape creation.
- A Light Lunch is included after the Cookery Demonstration.
- A demonstration session, showing how dishes are prepared from scratch, with overhead mirrors and two monitors showing close-up handiwork. Teachers share a wealth of knowledge through their expert tips and techniques. Students can ask questions and have the opportunity to taste the dishes prepared at the end of the sessions
Good to know
- A pack of the recipes will be provided for your ongoing reference
- Our Shop will be open for further inspiration: cookery books, equipment and select ingredients
- We run this course several times a year
Terms and Conditions
All bookings for a course or event at Ballymaloe Cookery School are subject to our standard Terms and Conditions.