Think Italy. Think fresh, seasonal, flavoursome ingredients. Think versatility. Piping hot from the oven, or even chilled from the fridge, a really good pizza is very hard to beat.
Sadly, this wonderful dish has had its reputation besmirched by fast and frozen food manufacturers. However, in the space of a single morning (including a pizza-orientated light lunch) you will learn how to prepare indescribably delicious, melt-in-the-mouth pizza! We shall cover everything from different sorts of pizza bases to innovative toppings, and from how to cook first class pizza in a domestic oven or a wood burning oven to the importance of using the right olive oil.
What you’ll learn about
- How to make Calzone, Piadini, Sfinciuni, Foccacia
- The importance of sourcing the best ingredients for the best results
- Tips for forward planning and saving time
- The importance of using the right olive oil.
- How to make your food look as good as it tastes
- The best kind of ingredients to use on your pizza.
- A Light Lunch is included before the Cookery Demonstration.
- A demonstration session, showing how dishes are prepared from scratch, with overhead mirrors and two monitors showing close-up handiwork. Teachers share a wealth of knowledge through their expert tips and techniques. Students can ask questions and have the opportunity to taste the dishes prepared at the end of the sessions
Good to know
• A pack of the recipes will be provided for your ongoing reference
• Our Shop will be open for further inspiration: cookery books, equipment and select ingredients
• We run this course several times a year
Terms and Conditions
All bookings for a course or event at Ballymaloe Cookery School are subject to our standard Terms and Conditions.