As anyone who is coeliac, or who cooks for someone who has a gluten intolerance, will testify it can be challenging to produce really delicious, balanced meals. Finally, help is to hand in the form of this intensive half-day course
Suitable both for the newly-diagnosed coeliac, who has never baked before, as well as the more experienced cook. This course is ideal for those on a gluten-free diet who face the dilemma of longing to taste ‘real’ food. You’ll learn about a whole range of tasty and easy-to-prepare dishes including gluten-free sweet and savoury pastry, crackling salmon with coriander pesto and gluten free raspberry muffins. Suddenly, cooking for coeliacs will become a pleasure not a chore. Advice on alternative ingredients and lots of baking tips will help take the mystery out of successful gluten-free cooking
“I really enjoyed the demonstration - it was great fun and very informative.Not only was it informative about GF cooking but it was full of useful and interesting 'cheffy tips' Impressive how much you were able to demonstrate in the time. ” Student feedback
What you’ll learn about
- A Great Selection of Delicious Gluten Free Dishes that may be done on the course are below
Gluten-Free Banana, Date and Walnut Bread
Debbie Shaw's Healthy Gluten-Free Soda Bread
Gluten-Free Buttermilk Pancakes with Crème Fraiche, Dill & Smoked Salmon
Crackling Salmon with Coriander Pesto
Gluten-Free Shredded Poached Chicken and Rice Noodle Salad
Gluten-Free Sweet Pastry
Gluten-Free Chocolate, Almond and Pear Tart
Chocolate and Almond Cake
- Pam will run through the importance of knowing whats in your ingredients and where to source gluten-free ingredients.
- Learn about when you can substitute a gluten-free alternative in a dish.
- Tips for forward planning and saving time
- How to make your food look as good as it tastes
- A demonstration session, showing how dishes are prepared from scratch, with overhead mirrors and two monitors showing close-up handiwork. Teachers share a wealth of knowledge through their expert tips and techniques. Students can ask questions and have the opportunity to taste the dishes prepared at the end of the sessions
Good to know
• A pack of the recipes will be provided for your ongoing reference
• Our Shop will be open for further inspiration: cookery books, equipment and select ingredients
• We run this course several times a year.
Terms and Conditions
All bookings for a course or event at Ballymaloe Cookery School are subject to our standard Terms and Conditions.