Darina and Rory co-founded The Ballymaloe Cookery School together in 1983 and are both acclaimed authors and TV presenters. On this two and a half day course, they unleash over 30 years of knowledge and teaching experience, delivered in their individual teaching styles. Expect plenty of fun and a little sibling rivalry for good measure!
What you’ll learn
• Great recipes to expand your repertoire when entertaining, featuring canapés, starters, mains and puddings
• Tips for forward planning and saving time
• How to create a visual feast with Rory’s presentation tips
• A tour of the organic farm, gardens, dairy and greenhouses, which provide much of the seasonal produce you’ll be cooking with
• Three demonstration sessions, showing how dishes are prepared from scratch, with overhead mirrors and two monitors showing close-up handiwork. Teachers share a wealth of knowledge through their expert tips and techniques. Students can ask questions and have the opportunity to taste the dishes prepared at the end of the sessions
• Two practical, hands-on sessions in the kitchens, where you can cook 2-4 dishes from each demonstration. With a high teacher to student ratio of 1:6, there’s plenty of support and guidance while you master the recipes, learn to make the most of your ingredients and gain a deeper learning experience. Let your teacher know if there are specific techniques you’d like to master, as seen in the demonstrations
Good to know
• Breakfast and lunch included; eat alongside fellow students, our teachers and gardeners
• Often you’re able to watch the cows being milked, the sourdough loaves being made and gather produce for the days cooking with the gardeners
• A pack of the recipes will be provided for your ongoing reference
• Accommodation available within our grounds and close by
• There’s plenty to do and explore in the area.
Feeback from previous students on this course
Please note gallery is a selection of images but may not represent actual dishes featured on the course.