Demonstration and optional hands-on
Please bring warm outdoor clothing and all-weather footwear.
Our senior lecturer
The senior lecturer on the course will be Susan Turner who was previously head gardener at Yalding Organic Gardens, England before taking up the same position at Ballymaloe Cookery School. Susan has worked extensively in Israel, Germany and South Africa and has been lecturing on all aspects of horticulture since 2001.
In this intensive course Susan Turner will cover:
· Choosing fruit varieties.
· Designing the fruit garden layout, looking at aspect spacing and plant training structures, as well as protection from birds.
· Understanding the general principles behind pruning.
· Creating fans, cordons and bushes with gooseberries, red currants, white currants and jostaberries.
· Understanding the general principles behind pruning blackcurrant bushes, loganberries and tayberries.
· Propagation of soft fruit.
Coffee and light lunch included.
Terms and Conditions
All bookings for a course or event at Ballymaloe Cookery School are subject to our standard Terms and Conditions.